Vancouver Main Terminal FAQ
Hawkair would like to thank our passengers for taking the time to express your views regarding Hawkair's move to Vancouver Main Terminal. The advantages and disadvantages of both terminals were weighed, and in the end the consensus was that the advantages offered by the Main Terminal overcame the disadvantages. We hope that our customers once using the Main Terminal will see the advantages also.
1. Where do I find Hawkair in the Main Terminal?
· Use the Vancouver International Airport Hawkair Check-in Map located here.
2. Why is Hawkair moving to the Main Terminal? Are you partnering with CMA or another airline?
· Hawkair does not have a specific new partnership agreement of any kind, however, our move to the Main Terminal does offer improved growth potential for the future.
· Making connections to other airlines at the Main Terminal will be easier, as will connections to SkyTrain, busses, and car rentals.
3. The YVR Main Terminal is larger than the South Terminal with more traffic – will this make my trip to/from the airport more difficult?
YVR Main Terminal has many conveniences that will be new to Hawkair passengers,
including easy access to the new Canada Line SkyTrain.
· If you are planning on renting a car in Vancouver, the YVR Main Terminal has a wider selection of rental companies to choose from.
· If you are driving to the airport and parking your car during your stay, the Gateway Valet is a convenient service that is only available at the North Terminal.
· Click here for more information on getting to/from Vancouver International Main Terminal.
like the South Terminal. How will the move to the Main Terminal benefit me as a
YVR Main Terminal is a beautiful, modern building that offers several added
conveniences that are unavailable at the South Terminal. Plan on spending a
little extra time before or after your flight to enjoy the shopping,
restaurants, spa services and other amenities available at YVR.
· If you are making a connection to/from CMA or any other airline operating out of YVR, your connection will be much quicker and easier. There is no longer the inconvenience and frustration of changing terminals or waiting for the shuttle.
5. Will passenger pick up/drop off will be more
difficult at the main terminal?
· There are many options for picking up and dropping off passengers at the main terminal such as the use of the Canada line rapid transit line which are not options at the south terminal. Passengers also have the added convenience of the Gateway Valet service at the Main Terminal.
· Departure drop-offs: Go to departures level and drop-off just passed WestJet signage.
· Arrivals pick-up: After retrieving your luggage from the designated baggage carousel, proceed to the Level 2 Arrivals area to wait for your pick-up.
6. Will parking for passengers cost more and be inconvenient?
· Vancouver International Airport offers a number of parking options to make your trip easy and hassle-free. To meet your parking needs, YVR offers hourly and daily parking, Economy and Long-Term parking facilities. Also, passengers have the added convenience of the Gateway Valet
service at the Main Terminal.
7. Will there be a longer security wait or process?
necessarily – the security screening measures are the same for South and Main
Terminal passengers. While the Main Terminal handles a larger volume of
traffic, they have more CATSA staff & screening stations to accommodate.
8. Will there be a longer wait to get my
· While the Main Terminal handles a larger volume of traffic and baggage, they have more ground handlers & staff to deliver your bags to the carousel in a timely manner. By the time you deplane the aircraft and make your way to the baggage carousel area, the wait for your baggage should not be significantly greater than that at the South Terminal. In addition, if you are planning to take the SkyTrain or connect to another airline, your wait time will be greatly reduced and made much more efficient since you will no longer need to change terminals.
9. I am connecting with another airline. Do I have to claim my luggage in YVR?
· Yes, if you are connecting to/from another airline you will have to claim your checked bags at the designated luggage carousel and re-check them with your connecting airline.
10. I am a passenger with limited mobility - will I receive assistance getting to the departure gate and baggage carousel?
· Hawkair will have our own golf cart to transport passengers with limited mobility to/from the departures and arrivals gate. From the security screening area to the gate it is approximately a 5 minute walk. This is the same distance as in the South Terminal from the security screening area to the aircraft, but now Hawkair passengers will have the added convenience of being indoors.
Click here for more information on getting to/from Vancouver International Main Terminal.
11. I frequently ship freight with Hawkair. How will Hawkair cargo be handled at the Main Terminal?
· Hawkair will continue to provide air cargo services to make it easy for you to ship your valuable goods to any Hawkair destination. Hawkair’s air cargo services will ensure your freight gets delivered safely and as soon as possible. Visit our Cargo Overview page for full details.